Management outburst is a natural phenomenon in the corporate world specially in the situation when you are at highest corporate level or some where in the middle management position. The position is so sensitive that a slight decrease in sales and profitability may provoke the outburst which ultimately leads to losing job or transfer to some other department. This kind of situation pulls the morale of the person down and increase frustration. Here are some practical tips which may save you from the unavoidable circumstances.
1. Many people feel overwhelmed when they get new role and responsibilities to perform. Remember that if you are getting closer to the management you may be exposed all your strengths and weaknesses. It may go in your favor or against. So always keep up a moderate to low profile, speak less and listen more. It slows down your career mobility but may prolong your career life.
2. Try to avoid yourself from the title tarp, like director project, general manger etc. It may motivates you but on other hand management is impatiently waiting for the results and in this process they put a person in the situation that may cause him to feel embarrassed or ashamed.
3. Keep the channel of communication open. Because sometime your bosses use your strengths and skills in apple polish elements and pushing you to keep pleasing management with false claims and commitment this “never say no” attitude may increase undue stress and frustration in your work life.
4. You can move to senior management but before moving you must know new roles, challenges, politics etc there are certain times when in big companies senior management is not aware of the employees, in such case they only listen to the top layers. Many time management use informal channel to get the information. Therefore, you can approach to your senior management or anyone whom you feel is trustworthy and who can safeguard you during this outburst situation.
5. If you are sidelined, it does not mean that game is over. Because some time decisions made in haste as a result of a rush of blood to the head will probably be regretted quite quickly and certainly work in your favour. So be positive raise your voice whenever needed. You may have ample time during your sidelined days. So make the best use of time, sharpen your skills which you may miss to improve during your busy days. Take a fresh look for your entire career life, try your luck in other organization etc. But never quit job. Things will turn n your favour soon.